View Single Post
      07-12-2014, 12:35 PM   #10
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

@SSW When are you and Jeremy Lin getting married, because your infatuation for him is out of this world! Let's not forget that in team sports, one man (e.g. Kobe, Melo, LeBron) does not win a championship.

Most of what you've said about Houston is on point, except they never lost LeBron, Carmelo and Love because they never had any of them. I was a big fan of Lin when he played in Harvard, and closely followed his Summer League debut with Dallas (google John Wall vs Lin). I was excited when the Warriors signed him to an NBA contract, but it was a pain to watch him play NBA level basketball with the Warriors. His lack of development had to do with Keith Smart at that time, which led to the Warriors cutting him out of the roster. Linsanity was a great story for Lin, Asia and the NBA, but we all know that wasn't going to last, especially after the Bulls were able to shut him down during his Cinderella moment.

The point I'm trying to say is that Lin has been in the league for a few years now, and almost everyone in the NBA knows what he can and cannot do. Your hate for Houston is befuddling, because it was Kevin McHale's coaching decision, not the Rockets as a whole on how to best utilize Lin with a superstar 1-2 superstar combo guard in Harden.

With that said, LA's acquisition of Lin is strictly financial, and don't be surprised if Kendall Marshall gets more playing time than Lin in the upcoming season. LA isn't even considered a title contender this year with players like Nick Young, Jordan Hill, and two washed out former superstars.
Appreciate 0