View Single Post
      02-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #33
nemex12
Captain
Rep
Drives: e60,z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti335 View Post
If that's true, these salesmen undoubtedly have monthly targets that they have to meet. No one's going to pay a car salesman to just hang out at the dealership. They are expected to generate sales.
and in order to do so, they have to show some respect to the customer, i dont know if this forum is full of sales reps but the truth is, they have to be polite and help the customer, i think that the sales rep didnt have any training because they arent just selling dvds at a table on the streets, they are carrying a brand on their shoulders and bmw isnt about almighty sales reps that customers must try to convince in order for them to sell cars. they are no doctors, they are salesmen and they get paid for convincing people to buy cars.
by the way last time i checked you can get into a dealership, look around and ask a lot of questions even if you arent going to buy anything
this is how cars are sold, not trying to tell people "buy or leave because my time is expensive".if people went into a dealership knowing exactly what are they going to buy, life would be easier, as we wouldnt need sales reps no more. i dont know how this kind of people got to be in a job which requires to be good with people so much. i guess the guy calling people douches and brats would be a very good sales rep at that dealership and would sell hundreds of cars within a week lol he may just point a gun at every guy that crosses the front door and would call it a day