View Single Post
      02-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #34
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I'm not sure exactly how it works in New Zealand but here's why the CA might have been pissed off: when a CA first ups a customer, that customer is his/hers. If they make a sale then the CA would get all the commission. If the CA is busy and the customer is "passed off" to another CA they would each get half. Now if the customer meets up with a few other CA's, only the first and last CA's would get the commission. I understand that in this case it was hourly. However, to help a customer and not get anything in the end because he/she has spent time with a bunch of other CA's, it's understandable that they were upset.

The rule of thumb is: don't waste your own time and don't waste others' time. It doesn't matter if it's 5, 10, or 50 minutes. During that time spent helping you they could have made a sale to someone else. So don't take it personally. The thing is that some people ARE tire kickers yet they somehow end up convincing themselves that they are ready to buy and it was because of the CA's (whom didn't want to waste anyone's time) that they ended up not buying a vehicle.

OP- I'm not directing it toward you personally. I'm just saying things in general. What I would have done if I wanted to do a stock check is to call up the CA and ask him. If he's busy then leave a message for him and he will call you back with all the options available for you. That way it's easier on everyone.
Appreciate 0