View Single Post
      02-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #41
Ti335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemex12 View Post
and in order to do so, they have to show some respect to the customer, i dont know if this forum is full of sales reps but the truth is, they have to be polite and help the customer, i think that the sales rep didnt have any training because they arent just selling dvds at a table on the streets, they are carrying a brand on their shoulders and bmw isnt about almighty sales reps that customers must try to convince in order for them to sell cars. they are no doctors, they are salesmen and they get paid for convincing people to buy cars.
I am not a sales rep nor am I making excuses for them. What I'm saying is that respect is a two way street. If you want to be treated with respect, you have to be respectful as well. And wasting someone's time and costing him his honestly earned commission simply because you are too dumb/lazy to call ahead and schedule an appointment is plain disrespectful. The other salesperson was quite correct in telling this guy to deal with the guy he was speaking to previously - sales people are not supposed to poach clients from each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemex12 View Post
by the way last time i checked you can get into a dealership, look around and ask a lot of questions even if you arent going to buy anything
this is how cars are sold, not trying to tell people "buy or leave because my time is expensive".
What are you talking about? No one told him to buy or leave. He was merely asked to conduct his dealings with one salesman.
Appreciate 0