View Single Post
      10-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #111
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

No. You have zero interest in the i8 because it is not what you wanted it to be.
In this you fail to overlook the turning point the i8 represents not only for the segment but the entire industry.

The i8 is a response to an industry and a segment that could find itself extinct due to increased legislation and environmental policies.

The i8 answers the "What if?" With " Less can be more" the i8 is the litmus test but the i8 has also been tested with a motor cycle engine as well as a diesel.
In BMW terms the i8 is already an old car and was developed from what was purely possible at that moment. That moment has passed and the possibilities are greater than ever.

And the next generation of BMWs will provide a significant lead against competitors in the application of Carbon Fibre in a volume vehicle thanks to wise investment choices and also have stolen the lead from their competitors.

Then there is the greatest thing about the i8 - the fact that similar sports cars using a similar philosophy are around ten times more expensive and that BMW brought in such a concept with its technology at a highly significant price.

The i9 also follows the "Less is more" philosophy and not what they are reporting.