03-06-2019, 09:32 PM   #11
larrylam646
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanelko View Post
Mind doing a quick summary of what else needed to be installed other than these? What did you do about the brake lines?
Additional parts:
- DXC Pulse generators (front & rear). If you already have Park Assistant, you already have the front DXC Pulse generators. ACC will work without upgrading the rear DXC generators. Since I had already upgraded the front DXC pulse generators with my Park Assistant retrofit, I initially did not upgrade the rears but I eventually decided to do so for completeness.
- wiring harness to connect the ACC+ PDC wiring harness to the ICM. I built my own wiring harness (twisted pair wire, repair pins, connector housing).
- bracket to mount the ACC radar (different brackets depending on bumper/model)
- lower ACC grill

Regarding the brake hard-lines, based on my research, only the front hard lines to the calipers are different part numbers for my vehicle. How the lines differ, I do not know. I reached out to the OP (Russian) that published the DIY referenced in an earlier post. He chose not to replace his hard lines and performed numerous tests under different driving and environmental conditions and "all worked perfectly".

For my retrofit, the ACC ABS pump/DSC was plug-n-play i.e bolted up to the factory hard lines without any modifications. I have not experienced any issues i.e no leaks, no ruptures, no material change in brake performance and pedal feel, no warnings or error messages.

I may eventually replace the front brake hard-lines for completeness but I do not feel my current setup is unsafe. I believe the flex lines (same parts for ACC and non-ACC) would rupture well before the hard-lines.

Larry

Last edited by larrylam646; 03-06-2019 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: additional parts
Appreciate 2