12-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #35
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
I don't see MB ML or GL on there? You mentioned the R class but that is more of a station wagon. The GL was named best full size lux SUV in 2010 and the ML is nothing more than a smaller version. I own a 2010 ML and I absolutley love it, it's also had zero issues to date. I was in the same boat 2 years ago, and went with the ML over the other options. The cost is more than the BMW (and service warranty is not as good) but in terms of looks and functionality....it has the X5 beat and this is comming from a former X5 owner.
I'm curious as to how the ML has the X5 "beat" in terms of functionality? I currently have both and agree with you on the looks, but feel they are very different vehicles that target different drivers.

Our ML has had several annoying little issues, all covered by warranty. Neither the ML or X5 would be vehicles I would be buying if reliability was a significant concern.

Up here, the ML was actually less expensive than the X5 and even moreso when you figure in the absolutely ridiculously expensive service on the Bluetecs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Alex View Post
cayenne interior looks like a dodge neon

I think that the new cayenne interior has probably one of the best interiors for SUVs. However, the regular cayenne might not be powerful enough and a cayenne s with good packages is gonna cost you $85,000+
He clearly hasn't been in one.

Quality of materials, fit and finish, ergonomic lay out is far better than anything in the segment.

Makes the X5 interior look like a Neon (oops...just like every BMW interior ).
Appreciate 0