View Single Post
      05-07-2022, 12:28 AM   #7
vt100
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4MC, '12 128i

̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶o̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶_̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶d̶_̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶e̶r̶a̶m̶i̶c̶ ̶w̶a̶x̶ ̶(̶b̶e̶l̶i̶e̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶)̶).
nope, that wasn't the wax causing it. It just the clear coat was damaged more than I thought. Interesting that spots would disappear if you polish it and would come back a couple of weeks later.

Initially they looked exactly like water spots but I'm absolutely sure that clear coat was very clean and spotless when I was applying the wax. And I never parked my car near sprinklers or washed it after applying the wax. These spots were getting worse and etching into clear coat after every day spent under sun. Not sure if that was UV or heat that caused it. But hood was the worst of all so likely it was heat. By the time when I decided to polish the car it looked much much worse than usual water spots. Similar to this pic

Anyway, tried all the possible chemicals (vinegar, chemical guys water spot remover, acid wheel cleaner) and none helped.

So to answer your q:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltee View Post
Vt100 were you removing the ceramic wax or was there water spots too?
I was actually removing a very thin layer of clear coat to get rid of etching and then polishing it with the finest Meguiar polish #3 that I have.

Last edited by vt100; 05-27-2022 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: incorrect info
Appreciate 0