10-14-2014, 04:35 PM   #18
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by airshaq20 View Post
I also owned a first gen TT and modded it like most frequent forumers.
IMO, the quattro is garbage - I'll take any RWD 3 series with AS tires vs a Quattro TT on any tire.
I disagree. Both forms of Quattro (Haldex Gen IV and later and Torsen) are great AWD systems. I would agree that the Gen II Haldex on the 1st gen. TT and MKIV R32 etc. are inferior to the Gen IV I just came from in my former 2011 A3. Your ownership of one clearly shades your view on Quattro and, to some degree, rightfully so.

Quote:
Secondly, their manual transmission feels like it came straight from the cheapest VW product they make, it is nowhere near as smooth shifting as any manual BMW I've owned.

I've owned 2 Audis in the past (TT and A4) and will never buy any VW or Audi again unless maybe an R8 or their RS lines but then again, I'd get an M instead.
That's because the MK1 TT is on a crap platform and uses crap components (trans. is one of them) from VW. It uses a fucking MKIV Golf\GTI chassis and shares many parts with the the MKIV Golf/GTI so, yeah, it sucks. No surprise there. The MKII TT is a far superior car. Night and day from a MKI.

Quote:
Third, their stock suspension is hard like a rock but doesn't equate to good handling. BMW stock suspension is "soft" but handles much much better than my TT. Forth, they understeer too much.
Agreed.

Last edited by davis449; 10-14-2014 at 04:48 PM..
Appreciate 0