09-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #189
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
This mentality is exactly why BMW's best days are behind it. BMW have given up on the driving experience for the numbers games. With good reason-- it's the basis that people like this guy make their purchases on.

What are the best M3s? Arguably the e30 M3 and e46 CSL. Neither of them was particularly fast at accelerating compared to their contemporaries, but the driving experiences they offer are unrivaled.

BMW's best days are long, LONG over. At this point they make ONE car that I would enjoy owning, and its days are quickly coming to an end-- the e82 128i.
I agree with your first couple sentences, but I truly hope that BMW can redeem themselves some with the upcoming M3/4 and M2/M235i. The video of the DTM guys driving the new cars at the 'Ring makes me think they might.

I'm planning to hold onto my E90 for a long time, but it does concern me that they are building fewer and fewer cars I'd be interested in owning.

My car is my first BMW, but I've aspired to own one for years. Hopefully all the BMWs I want to buy in the future won't be older than the one I have now...
Appreciate 0