United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
^^ this

The first entry is just the entry that is made when the dealer receives the car. It’s there for 100% of BMWs in the U.S.

It does appear the second entry is a repair made at the VDC. It is not the least bit uncommon for cars to be damaged during shipment and the VDC makes repairs all day long every day. They have factory level repair facilities. They repair relatively minor body damage all the time and unless the damage meets a fairly high dollar threshold the customer, and, in fact, possibly the dealer, is never notified a repair was made.

For the VDC replacing a headliner is basically nothing. You are not owed anything because of it. Don’t stress yourself over it. I’m not 100% certain that “VDC” entry means what we think it means, because normally VDC repairs never appear on anything either the dealer or the consumer ever sees. The way it would normally go is even if your car got a dent in the quarter panel during shipping and the VDC repaired it there is nothing you or the dealer would ever see that would tell you that. VDC work does not show up on the Vehicle Warranty Inquiry. That’s the name of the document you saw. I’m sure someone wasn’t paying close attention, because they do not normally provide that document to the customer.
That is exactly what I thought. A VDC repair which is quite common. Nothing to worry about.