View Single Post
      12-15-2021, 12:48 AM   #69
_das_bae_
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Coupe

PS1 and Turbosmart Dual Port Installed

Just took the car on a 600mi road trip and got to test out the new turbo. I also had a turbo smart dual port installed alongside it. The Pure Stage 1 is definitely noticeable and the best way I can describe it is that the car is more confident and doesn't feel like its running out of breath from very early in the rpm range all the way to about 6000 -- where you will notice the difference over the stock turbo (1900-5500). In comfort mode and sport mode you feel the extra power on tap. I would say the difference is about as much as you feel from adding a stage 2 flash tune over stock. The car is more eager to go and every MPH increment you are used to, add 10 to that and that is what the car actually does now...and it still feels like it has more to pull in the higher rpms. The car climbs hills with ease as well as makes the acceleration of the car feel overall quicker. The turbo smart isn't obnoxiously loud but you can hear more of the whoosh than that of stock or the non dual port variant. If you really want to hear it, it is easily noticeable in sport mode if you let the computer do the shifting for you. Basically be at a cruising speed in 3rd or 4th, then press accelerator and just before the car fully starts to build boost let off.

I also DIY'd the airlift controller retrofit into my dash to get rid of the loose wires running near the driver seat. It also eliminates the cheap cellphone vent mount I was using before. Took about 2 days to complete but I would say it turned out pretty well. This isn't a direct fit so it does require modification (cutting) of the vent and dash trim to fit. It is a very snug fit that stays firmly in place by the tight clearances made and the wire runs behind the center console area for stealthiness.

Appreciate 2