View Single Post
      03-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #13
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

I personally don't agree that the MT is alive and well. I never thought I'd see the day where Porsche GT and Turbo cars can no longer be had with MT (maybe GT3RS gets MT is the rumor, who knows), nor can you get any Ferrari with 3 pedals. Hell when I was growing up, it would be almost impossible to think of a sports car that you don't shift yourself.

Personally, I have great respect for DCT, and admit, they will always be faster than MT. But the reason I was dead set on an E92 M3:
- Cheaper to fix. I couldn't tell you where to take the car in my area if the DCT went out, only stealership
- MT is fun 100% of the time IMHO. Even doing 30 mph around the city, it's still engaging.

Don't get me wrong, I can definitely see myself owning a DCT car in the fleet. But not for a car that I plan to keep for a long time. Cars just aren't made to last anymore, and that's a huge factor for me.

The biggest thing that ticks me off is not being given a choice. Not saying that if someone gave me the keys to a 991 GT3 (that wasn't on fire ) I wouldn't take it. But I'd rather have a 997 GT3 just because of the transmission.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0