View Single Post
      07-11-2014, 12:33 PM   #3
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS and their 24H lineup and entry:

"In addition to the 24 hours on the Nürburgring, the BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS still working towards a second peak of the long distance season 2014: the 24-hour race at Spa-Francorchamps. The Belgian team occurs at their home game in the Ardennes on 26 and 27 July with two BMW Z4 GT3 and relies on strong driver pairings with the support of the BMW factory pilots: A flight deck will be Jörg Müller and the two BMW DTM driver Maxime Martin and Augusto Farfus share. In the second car next to team manager Bas Leinders come also works driver Dirk Werner and Markus Palttala used.

"After the Nürburgring endurance race at Spa-Francorchamps not only for Marc VDS is another highlight of the season, but also for BMW Motorsport," said Jens Marquardt, Director Selbiger organization. "After struggling last year with technical problems and could not achieve the results that we had hoped, we are highly motivated in this year's race. The BMW Z4 GT3 has to some extent a score to settle with this classic open. Besides the Marc VDS will compete numerous other BMW customer teams in the Ardennes. It will certainly again a thrilling race. "

The teams ROAL Motorsport and TDS Racing are on the preliminary list of participants for the 24-hour race to find as well as the Ecurie Ecosse. The three teams contest the 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps, the highlight of the Blancpain Endurance Series season.

Voices of the Marc VDS rider
Bas Leinders (driver and Team Principal): "The 24 Hours of Spa is our home game and, of course a very special race for us I am pleased that, thanks to the support of BMW Motorsport in this year two very strong driver pairing to the. can get started., the Z4 is extremely reliable in this season. This makes us confident that we will. it after the fourth place in 2012 and the bad luck last year this time can make it onto the podium "

Jörg Müller: "It's great to be back at the 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps this together with Maxime Martin and Augusto Farfus we have together a really strong trio The BMW Z4 GT3 is really strong on the road this season and why... I am confident that we will fight in Spa a top result. "

Maxime Martin: "I now since 2006 start already at the 24 Hours of Spa, therefore this is definitely my home race I think I have good chances together with my teammates Augusto and Jörg, because they both have experience and speed. , so all you need to succeed in an endurance race. "

Augusto Farfus: "I am very excited to be part of one of the most important races for GT cars while I see no reason why we should have no chance of winning with the Z4 GT3 and such a strong driver pairing for me it is the first.. his start in this classic. This means a lot to me, because after this weekend I will have all the major 24-hour races that exist in the world, denied. "

Dirk Werner: "The 24-hour race at Spa is one of my favorite races I remember back fondly on my starts in the years 2010 and 2011, where I could go every podium The track is a highlight, and with the.. This year, very stable Z4 and my strong teammates hopefully we can ride back up front. "

Markus Palttala: "I love the track at Spa, she is my absolute favorite I'm a part of this 24-hour race since the beginning of GT-era My first start was in 2000, now I'm for the 14th time.. there. So I know what to expect and what challenges holds such a marathon. I've already won a class victory there, but my dream is the overall victory. We were 2012 Fourth and have led the race last year., so I know that we are able to win if we do everything right. "
-- Markus Palttala is currently in Canada driving for Turner Motorsports for the IMSA Tudor race - See other thread for that info: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1007467
Appreciate 0