View Single Post
      12-15-2008, 01:24 AM   #179
KCE90M3
Private
Rep
Drives: 1997 Infiniti I30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_blue View Post
Dude...why would you put your kid in a car that small....too many idiots on the road...I would get him into a late model VW GTI or even safer....LOL...a SAAB.

I think I remember reading an article somewhere about the newer Coopers getting a 5 star crash test rating overall. Not bad....I've been telling my mom to trade her '01 Maxima GLE in for a Cooper S for quite awhile (I think she would like to get something smaller and more fun now that my brother and I are basically grown up and there's not much need for a big gas guzzling luxury sedan) and she was only opposed to the idea because she thought they were dangerously small. That was until I brought up the 5 star rating, but now she's not really interested in trading out for a little while so that put the kabosh on that...for now at least.

Anyway, back to the subject....yea I agree with showing him the Italian job and maybe some of these tastefully modified Coops. I'm a 22 year old college guy and I personally think the Coopers are pretty tight cars if they're done the right way. (see the John Cooper works..AC Schnitzer also has a pretty nice kit too, etc....there's also alot you can do just on your own obviously) My friend works at the BMW dealer back home in Kansas City and he's not much of a fan of them stylistically but he says they are one of his favorite cars to drive there. I don't think there's too many negatives to owning one....sure, he may get crap from some of the dorks driving riced out Civics and Mustang V6's with $50 exhaust pipes they bought from AdvancedAuto but if I was him I wouldn't worry about it. They're safe, they sip gas, and they're a blast to drive according to my friend...there's also a pretty good sized Mini subculture in alot of places. Chicks dig them too....most girls are going to laugh or simply not pay attention to a modified civic or prelude, they're usually cheaply and distastefully done and a dime a dozen, but they'll be asking for pictures with a nicely done Coop.

Not a fan of the color on this one...I'd go black or charcoal, but here's the Schnitzer kit....I dunno...I think it looks sick.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0