View Single Post
      08-30-2009, 10:33 PM   #88
turbo ready
Registered
Rep
Drives: Many BMWs

Mote, that e30 looks awesome and I am sure, literally a blast to drive.

I have an original 89 Euro M-Technic II e30 which we brought in to Canada three years ago. The car had 60,000 KM or 37,000 miles when I got it, since then I have put 13,000 miles on it.

I have turbocharged another original 87 e30, a 325is which I pulled apart to rebuild with plans to stuff an m30 B35 (e34 535i 3.5L) engine into it with a turbo, but then I scored this one. I will build a full track car out of the 87 this winter.

I wanted to turbocharge my Euro e30 m20 engine but was toying with the idea of dropping in an s52 and then turbocharge that. I cam across this thread and was quite impressed with your car and the job done.

I have since done quite a few mods to my 89, did a complete Ground control coil over set up with adjustable Konis, converted it from an auto to 5 speed manual with a Z4 3.0 shifter (love it), installed a stage 5 Bully race clutch, IX booster and master cylinder with stainless steel braided lines all around. Installed an intercooler and all the gauges for the turbo along with a megasquirt stand alone system, fully rebuilt 3.0:1 95 e36 m3 steering rack, HID conversion, etc. Oh yea, has a kick a$$ sound system with two 12" subs

I might have to modify the plenum to accommodate the IX booster from the looks of it. Did your guys have any major issues with the swap Mote?

A few pics of my Euro e30
Attached Images

Appreciate 0