View Single Post
      11-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #215
Sinful
Banned
Rep
Drives: Its black and has 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatty1303 View Post
This thread is depressing. Was really looking forward to getting an m3 after I sold my boss. Now I'm not so sure. May stick with American muscle cars. Don't feel like dealing with tearing into a 20k motor.
Agreed ^^ The M3 is an amazing car and if the engine and transmission had a lower replacement cost I would probably still be in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
Did your car ever break down and leave you stranded? If not I'd say you did okay and your fears went unwarranted. Bmw are very reliable when maintained and remember this forum represents a very small ownership population only stating issues. Nevertheless; good luck. What's next?
I went back to an engine that I am familiar with and that I know is bullet proof. The LS3 engine, essentially used as the supercharged engine in the ZR1 and used in all Corvette C6s. I honestly used to own a 2008 and I am glad to go back. Ended up buying a 2012 Grand Sport Centennial Edition Corvette. Dry sump, magnetic ride, 436+ HP 428 Ft/Lb (really missed this) and loaded with all the goodies. Easy to modify and bullet proof. On top of that if it does grenade the engine costs 8k instead of 24k.

This is the Centennial Edition ( its completely blacked out!) This is not my car but I have not taken pics yet and it looks just like it...
Interior is black leather and suede and I honestly do not see the interior of the BMW as being better. I am not a M3 hater, I honestly loved the smooth transitions, and high rev engine noise, but the risk to reward for me did not make sense.

Last edited by Sinful; 11-21-2014 at 09:06 PM..
Appreciate 0