View Single Post
      09-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #76
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
Again, this is anecdotal evidence. See - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence

You should first become a skeptic.
You should read up on philosophy and epistemology to understand what "truth" is on how we go about determining what is true.
You should read up on science, understand the peer review system, why it's there and why it's important. Understand that it's a necessary but not sufficient part of the process.
You should read up on claims of ufo's/alien abductions, big foot, etc. Ask yourself if you believe those claims since they are supported primarily by anecdotal evidence.

In order to determine whether or not something is true or reliable (either scientifically or logically), you first need the tools to do so. If you don't acquire these tools, all you can do is leave the work to people who DO have those tools and trust their expert opinion. If you're not comfortable with that, you'll have to put in some work.
Ok I get what your saying now.

According to the government's patent on cannabinoids, they are considered antioxidants. There is a possibility that cannabis can cure cancer. For most people there is enough evidence to say that it does. I am sure this will be mainstream in the future and you will have your evidence.
Appreciate 0