View Single Post
      06-16-2014, 03:03 AM   #87
simmo1985
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 Edition M Sport 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Federer View Post
No doubt about it. Rugby players are balls-to-the-wall tough. We don't get much rugby coverage where I live but what little I've seen has not included endless attempts to fake an injury. Those guys, like American football players, consider themselves tough as nails and I don't think their egos would allow injury faking. That's what is so confounding about soccer. Those guys view themselves as elite athletes with outsized egos so I don't see how they can fake an injury to the point of rolling around in the fetal position appearing as if they are crying.

As a counter to my criticism, the games I've watched so far have been very entertaining.
Defineately, it's the worst part of the the beautiful game. Another gripe for me is the disrespect shown to refs. Decision goes against them and several players get all up in his face whinging like little babies. They seriously need to man up and take the tackles and decisions on the chin.

Apart from the above I've really enjoyed the rest of the World Cup so far. Even England looked half decent for once(compared to previous tournaments) even though we lost we looked technically better than ever and strung more than 3 or 4 passes together on quite a few occasions. Although, there's still lots to improve on as they still panicked a few times and went route one instead of retaining possession.
Appreciate 0