View Single Post
      10-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #14
tranism
Care Bears vs Klingons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

I can only speak from experience. In March I started at 200 lb and I'm only 5'8". I calorie count, work out 5-6x a week, switching between cardio kickboxing, rowing, pilates, and resistance training. Started IF 2 months ago on top of all that. I basically eat the entire time while at work and stop eating before 7 PM. I now weigh 172 lb with my goal weight some where in the 160's.

The first week of IF was terrible. I was so dizzy. It was like my body was in shock or something but it quickly adapted and oddly, I don't get hunger cravings anymore. Can't say for sure but my body knows I'm going to put food in it between certain hours so it can concentrate on burning fat and repairing tissue instead of digesting food. I do allow myself a cheat day which is usually a Saturday when I hang with friends but even then, I'm calorie counting.

Lessons learned? I'm not as hungry as I thought. I think wanting to eat was just a social habit - either out of routine or sheer boredom. Before then, I never understood how these skinny people would go hours and say they're not hungry. F*ck that! I was always down to eat! When you put yourself on a schedule, you become acutely aware of what you're eating, e.g. I knew I only had 6 hours to eat so am I going to waste calories eating this bag of chips or am I going to get some real food. Eat fiber. I can't stress that enough. Sweet potatoes, broccoli, metamucil if you have to. Just make sure you get your daily fiber and lots of water. Drop the juices, milk, coffee, tea. Drink f*cking water. Biggest lesson is ignore all the "diet" foods and meal plans. If you want to maintain your results, you're going to have to learn how to eat in the real world, with all its evil temptations. F*cking Nutter Butters man. Must resist! Anyone can lose weight with a boring meal plan, but losing weight by consciously deciding what to eat - that's real.

Losing the first 5 lbs sucked because you feel like you're working so hard and the results are dismal but something happens after those first 5 lbs. The weight just keeps coming off. You get motivated and find yourself going above and beyond and then the weight comes off even faster. I actually like exercise now. A year ago, I would NEVER have said that.
Appreciate 0