View Single Post
      09-29-2014, 09:16 PM   #52
M4isKing
Banned
Rep
Drives: no torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post

Its come to a point where tires technology simply hasn't kept up with engine tech. Engines make way more power than just 2 tires can effectively put down. Hell, last night my 750 squealed all 4, and I wasn't even hard on the gas. Until tire tech catches up, AWD will be considered a must have on performance cars. AMG put it on their more expensive cars because I thought they realized that, and maybe on those cars they did. Perhaps they're making the C63 for hooligans who don't care about real performance and are just interested in making smoke. Thats pretty much what high powered 2wd cars on street tires do best.

Just my $0.10.

Are you saying that performance cars need AWD because you dont' know how to control a slide around a closed circuit? The only performance gained in AWD is in a straight line, but sorry, to me that is performance metric I am least concerned with. Who cares if you're 12.2 or 11.8 in a straight line? Its still boring.

Somebody go tell McLaren, Ferrari, and Porsche that they are doing it wrong with their $1MM cars!
Appreciate 0