Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Oh I have one!

I had only driven manuals back home as my car, tough I had a few hundred miles handling the evil option also. Here after 14 hour flight I was behind a wheel of an automatic something awful. It was something like 2am, and I know men are allowed to drive too, but none of our family wants to let my husband drive even out of the garage, and the first hundred or so turns, stops, well everything, I slammed the brakes on.

Well, it was more like a hundred, but i ended up finishing the drive with a foot in the door (dodge build quality+ american sized pockets in the car), I Nearly crashed twice. And the there were no stick! When I went to test driver the BMW's, the dealer ended up holding my hand always. That would have been flattering, but I think he was freaked by my trying to find the stick all the time.

Cuddly (the dealer, or that's what I call him nowadays) If your reading this, I'm so telling everyone you were coming on to me, it's better for my ego!

HA! Nice, LOL!

I've never had the problem of transitioning from stick to auto, but I have had the problem of going from column-mounted auto to traditional console-mount, and there's many times in my life where I'd pull the windshield wipers/cleaners to try to shift out of park, especially since my first car and my late dad's truck had it and even happened once when I bought my E90
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0