View Single Post
      09-23-2013, 04:28 AM   #155
Bicax
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335d (E91)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Allow me please to disagree with you and with the other guy in this matter.

Yes some kids are starving but what that has to do with other people?
Take a deep breath and calm down

You totally misunderstood me. Please re-read my post, because according to what you're writing you're in total agreement with me.

I wrote quite clearly that it's his car, and IMO he can do whatever he wants with it (it's in the part that you forgot to quote...).

I only listed those things with a huge pint of sarcasm to point out how absurd that other guy's comment was, in particular in a forum related to car passion. I personally hate it when someone brings the "starving kids" argument into any discussion, be it cars or anything else. In my opinion, most often than not saying that "kids are starving so you shouldn't do that" is the same as saying "I can't have what you have even though I want it, so I don't want you to have it either".

I just think you're over sensitive regarding this subject. There is no need to justify yourself like that.

However, with that being said, there is no doubt that we live in a consumer's society, where we buy and spend needlessly. But this really isn't the place for that type of debate, we're here to write/read about our passion.

Me, for one, I love driving and tracking my cars, and I couldn't care less what other people think of that.
Appreciate 0