View Single Post
      08-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #21
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1137 View Post
EDIT: You should have just stopped after your first sentence.

What was your weight/height at your said 6%? How was that measured?

Why are you suggesting to cut sugar intake?

Whats with the negativity? Just b/c I proposed something different than yourself? There are many ways to get to point Z from A. Cutting processed foods with sugar is a healthy choice one can make and it will make you leaner.

FYI...in college I was 190 lbs and I am 6'. Benched 405 and squatted over 500 lbs with a 46" chest and 28" waist.... so please tell me I am full of crap and I could not have been that size and build. My % body fat was taken in a pool of water. Remember...I played college ball, we had a strength coach, and they measured our body fat regularly. I am now still 6' and 205 as of this morning. My % body fat is probably 12% now and was well over 20% a few weeks ago as I peaked at 225 lbs.
The OP asked a question and I provided my $0.02 so I will leave it that...not going to respond to anymore of your negativity. Go criticize something else.
Why so sensitive? I never made any personal attacks.

The reason why I made a point to question your post is that you are telling OP (and others who read this topic) to "Cut your sugar intake...only natural sugar (fruits)". You don't post any sources for this "fact."

There is no reason to cut out sugars when looking to lose weight. You can enjoy the foods you like, but carefully track your caloric and macronutrient intake. Look to get 95% of your calories from whole foods with strong micronutrient content; feel free to fit other foods you enjoy into your diet.

If it works for you, great, but advice like "avoid steaks" might not work for others. It all comes down to calories in / calories out. There are no magic foods to avoid and no times to avoid eating them.

PS You said that you gained muscle during your weight loss from 225-208, unfortunatly that is not possible. You gain mass from a caloric surplus, and lose weight in a deficit. You just leaned out and appeared more defined.