Antetokounmpo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT FBO; '18 F150 Platinum

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrou View Post
Man. I disagree with what you said. I agree that changing oil is more expensive. Tires might be more expensive and brakes as well. But engine bay are is much more reliable than any 335i. I don't think you had the 335i for long time did you? you haven't done major service which is walnut blast ($900 or more at dealership) and Fuel injector problems which comes every 30k or more...and turbo waste-gates which is covered up to 80k only.

Ohh yeah...regarding gas. My current mpg on car is 16 mpg and I am DRIVING like grandpa so I am not sure how you were getting 23 mpg in city thats really the highest I've seen if it is true. I am not getting that in HW either.
Wow, you really have issues then. I get 18mpg driving like a 17 year old... Keeping my revs below 2500 and just accelerating normally I can easily get 23 city, keep in mind this is not stop and go traffic, there I can only get about 18. That's suburb driving 25-35mph speed limits. I really don't open it up unless I need to which isn't that often. I've had my 335xi since Nov of 2012 and have put nearly 20,000 miles on it. The car had one previous owner, zero accidents and the owner was a gentleman in his 50's that took in into the the dealer for all maintenance. It was a CPO from a BMW dealer and I know what exactly has been done regarding maintenance and repairs. Never been walnut blasted, spark plugs once, original turbos, wastegates, injectors. That being said, I've looked and the intake valves really aren't THAT gunked up, still good for some time (car has 80k on it). I'll change the plugs within the next year and the oil within the next three months. Honestly, this is not an unreliable car if and only if the maintenance has been immaculate for the lifetime of the car and if it has not been abused and modded the crap out of. I'm thinking you have an "unlucky" one. I searched for about 8 months to find the perfect car. It was in immaculate condition for four years old and I drove 20 hours to get it. In the end, that was all clearly worth it.

2008 335xi 6MT | VRSF Catless DP | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF CP | TIAL BOV | DCI | MHD 2+
BC Racing BR | Stoptech 600 | Firehawk Indy 500 255 Square | Atric Altimax 225 Sq.
2018 F-150 Platinum 701A | FX4 | 3.5 EcoBeast
Appreciate 0