View Single Post
      09-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #82
M3 n X5M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 M, 2008 e90 M3 6 MT.

Knowing who the next CEO will be is part of what we may come to learn from a forum like this. It is probably front page news in some papers where BMW plants are located.

To stimulate reactions from such news in consumers is somewhat perplexing to me.

How the new CEO performed in his position at Audi must have been meritorious during the process of finding a new chief.

Why would we be able to imagine what that was? From a couple of interviews? From what we do not like about Audi autos?

It may be good to calm down here.

There is nothing unsettling in this news.

My take is to always evaluate the market. Over three or four years, I research each new car I will buy. And I do so based on its qualities, not on the people who built it or who led their construction. Did Joey Smith lead the suspension design? Did franky Smith design the body? Give me a break. You either like it or you don't.

I have also learned my lesson, the more rare the car, the more easy to run into a one of a kind issue, leading to complicated recalls or quality issues. So for all those who love BMW we need to see the numbers: yes production continues to grow, but is still way behind Toyota and other makers in many segments. In fact, BMW did not even think it was profitable to take resources to make a hyper car for years... So, we need to understand that and not exact prejudice on future products. We will see in the years to come what BMW has in hand and tell how much we like it.

Congrats to the new CEO.
Appreciate 0