View Single Post
      09-24-2014, 02:40 PM   #84
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that's a stupid approach?

Do you know why I think it's stupid to think building a FWD BMW is a fail?

Look at the sales numbers of the Audi A3 and Mercedes CLA. Mercedes recently announced they're upping production because they believe they can sell DOUBLE the amount they currently are. As for the A3, Audi can't build them fast enough either.

So if you think it's stupid to get a slice of a very profitable demographic, not to mention a very sought after demographic (young working professionals, who may buy your more expensive offerings as they grow older and make more)...never be in charge of any business decisions.

Would I ever drive any of those cars? No, but given my daily commute, there's a ton of people that would. It also gives current entry level vehicles the wiggle room to move upmarket, like with Mercedes did with the latest C-Class and what Audi, I'm sure, will do with the next gen A4.

If all of you who think that car companies shouldn't reach out into new products, demographics and offerings, your companies would surely not last very long if you were ever calling the shots.
I am engaged in disagreement via PM with someone here who tells me that the Mercedes CLA is RWD.

No it isn't.