04-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #36
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcLusso View Post
I was lucky enough to enjoy being one of those "rare cases" about a year ago! Engine had to be rebuilt and has had oil consumption issues ever since....
Feel bad for you. Hopefully they extended you engine warranty when they rebuilt it! If not, maybe you can convince them using this recall. Perhaps this recall will provide the owners with an engine extended warranty, like they did for the S54 (160,000Kms/10 years) IIRC ...

My 135i has a May 2010 Production date, 57,000Kms on the odometer, and I havent had the issue yet. N55 does consume oil though.

Ive asked my service advisor if this could be hanlded as a preventive maintenance, before this recall was announced, and he obviously refused.

Ive mailed BMW Canada to file a complaint. They called back and claimed I was not affected (SIB article says differently).

I filed a complaint with Transport Canada about the security concerns I have related to this issue. I havent heard back from them.

With today's BMW USA announcement, Ive asked my Service Advisor (Canada) to reconsider. Ive emailed him the article, and left a vmail. I dont care if he/BMW Canada thinks Im a royal PITA ... ;-)
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts
Appreciate 0