Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
Why make such blanket statements? Since I've graduated college I have exclusively owned a string of BMW's mostly Mcars. I've never owned an Audi but like several things they are putting out. The S/RS7 is stunning IMO. Of course the R8(Audis flagship supercar) is the obvious one. Some criticized that BMW was compared to Toyota but they have more similarities than MB or Audi to Toyota. Hell they even have a new partnership to make cars together. Neither Toyota or BMW has any interest in making anything remotely similar to the SLS or R8. Sure they like to talk about the Supra or M1 in concept form but decades go by and nothing. The i8 is an awesome car that is ahead of its time and I would have been interested in buying but as Scott already pointed out they are sold out already. Of course BMW won't say how many have been sold, 500, 1000...?

At any rate. If you are a life long BMW fan like myself, it is in our bet interest for MB and Audi to make awesome cars. The competition will result in better BMW's. If it doesn't , well BMW will see droves of people leaving for greener pastures....
Well Toyota made the LFA and are coming out with a hybrid halo car, the LF-LC. The LFA is a true supercar. As much as I have personal reasons for hating Lexus brand, respect is due where respect is deserved.

And if you want an i8 you can put a deposit down for a 2015, it's only the 2014 allocation that is sold out (based on deposits, remember, not actual orders which don't exist yet).

But I agree with you that competition is good. As enthusiasts we all love the halo cars and super cars and top of the line AMG and M cars, and I for one would love to see BMW put out an M7 or M1 successor also ... But as stated many times, it's the bread and butter family sedans and SUVs that sell in the highest numbers which contribute to these luxury sales statistics.
I totally agree the LFA is awesome and a super car by every definition. Problem is the accessibility of the car. It's not a "real" car. When was the last time you saw one driving down the road? When it first came out it was offered as a lease only and Toyota/Lexus practically hand picked most of their customers looking for "high profile" individuals. I see Aventadors, Carrera GT's, Ferrari's, R8's, SLS's...almost on a daily basis driving in the SF Bay Area. I've never seen an LFA. I fear the i8 is going to be the same. A car that looks great at car shows and magazines but never to be seen in the wild.