View Single Post
      12-23-2023, 09:11 AM   #37
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by apez View Post
I don't get the hate for EVs, while I do understand wanting to preserve some amount of ICE cars.

Let the commuter appliance cars and commercial transit be EVs. Keep ICE for special cars and limit fuel global consumption and pollution. Turn 3/4th of gas stations into charging stations. If every Toyota Rav 4 and Subaru Crosstreck were suddenly EVs it would have no effect on me.

I will never understand why anyone would be upset that someone else is buying EVs.
Because it’s all marketing environmental hype and not real. Meaning someone like me that only puts 5,000 miles a year on my car is helping the environment more not owning an EV as it would take 20 years until that EV had a smaller footprint. Volvo did the study showing when you account for battery environmental harm EVs footprint only offset gas engines at around 100,000 miles.

And as others have said, think of the extra strain on electric grids and that impact on environment, and what around the roads? In cold weather states they will be even worse and more money poured Into them since EVs weigh 25% more and you have stupid people buying cyber trucks who used to drive Prius weighing half as much.

Just saying 😁
Appreciate 1
Syfres6.00