12-05-2014, 08:00 AM   #52
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarDTO View Post
A 2014 CTS-V coupe loaded is still ~5-10k beneath a loaded M4 depending on the particular options you choose. Much of which comes standard already on the Caddy (IE, having to pay extra for an "enhanced sound system" instead of friggin including it). There is no way the ATS-V is gonna be priced higher than the CTS-V.

Also, I'm not seeing where you are interpreting that people think a BMW should be priced as much as a Camry. Don't exaggerate. I personally think they are about 5-10k off from what they should be, or throw the options in as standard equipment and simplify the choices.
You do realize that you're comparing apples to oranges right?

A CTS-V coupe is a generation old, a CTS V-Sport cost as much as a first gen CTS-V coupe.

The first two generations of the CTS were, in size, between a 3 Series and a 5 Series and weren't priced to directly compete with them on price, that includes the V variants. With the introduction of the ATS, the CTS could grow in size so that both could compete directly with the 3 Series and 5 Series respectively. Hence why the current generation CTS has an MSRP much higher than that of the previous generation and why a current gen CTS V-Sport (550i competitor) can and will run you upwards of $70k loaded, just like a 550i would.

The ATS-V then, would be priced around the M3/M4 and it's respective competitors (RC-F, C63 AMG) and the CTS-V would be priced more in line with it's competitors (E63 AMG, M5, RS6).

Nice try though. You all tell yourself that these BMW's are too expensive and that no one would possibly buy them when you all just woefully ignore a simple reality, they're priced the same as the competition. You all want BMW to be some bargain basement lower tier luxury brand like Acura and Infiniti, something BMW has never been.

So talk mindlessly about how you think they're overpriced all you want. Just spend a few seconds looking at a comparable alternative and get back to me, keeping in mind that a CTS-V coupe that's been around for 7+ years isn't the same thing, no where close. The fact that you think so is a bit misinformed and a little delusional. These luxury cars were never intended to be cheap unfortunately, especially if you want one geared towards sport/performance.

That said, CTS-V coupes are awesome looking cars but if you spend some time in one, you'll notice there's many differences between them and the current crop of German performance cars. Not so much because it's a bad car, but because it's been around for the better part of 7 years.

Last edited by fecurtis; 12-05-2014 at 08:09 AM..
Appreciate 0