tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrandt View Post
ND1/2 Miata > 124.
An NA 2.0L vs a 1.4 Turbo - people could go either way.
The interiors are nearly 1 to 1 replicas of each other.

People that wanted a turbo'd roadster took the ND1 MX-5 and put a BBR turbo or an Edelbrock SC in it.

The average person is probably afraid of maintaining an 'Italian' car, whereas the Mazda brand is much more tame.

If they really wanted to make some thing special, they should have released the special edition Abarth GT with the carbon fiber hard top. Shame it only came to the EU.
Now that would've been interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Brought this up again as came up with 10k hits. Some say that the 124 doesn't look nice but the MX-5 doesn't make the oriental car more nicer looking and the 124 looks bigger in comparison with more room.
Is that just your awkward way of inserting 'oriental' into your post? The sentence structure doesn't flow much but, anyway, I would think that the majority of ppl would say that the Mazda looks better than the Fiat, esp in RF form.

Anyone who considers these cars for size just doesn't get it. That's why the car mkt is like how it is, ppl have limited resources and they want all-in-ones, thereby having to put up w quite a few compromises and why we have, for example, 'M' SUVs, which is ridiculous imo. These Fiata cars are supposed to be less practical and more like toys.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0