View Single Post
      01-20-2024, 03:43 PM   #87
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Very few codes or laws out here in the cornfields. Environmental fines or even any enforcement actions are rare to non-existent from what I've seen. Back in MA, if your truck leaked just a few gallons of diesel fuel, there would be a hazmat cleanup team on the mess in a heartbeat and they'd make the offender pay dearly. Last summer some truck in the McMansion neighborhood across the way must have lost 20 gallons of diesel on the way out of the neighborhood. The mess just sat there until the rain finally washed most of it way. There is still a long, noticeable stain running down the street. It's odd that out here where groundwater contamination could be disastrous, they don't seem to care about fuel spills or septic codes.

Wifey and I were looking at a house we considered making an offer on (22 years ago). I noticed the plumbing looked a bit amateurish and so did some of the electrical work. I asked the owner who built the house. He said a local company put up the frame, but he and his brother did all the interior walls, plumbing, and electrical themselves. Neither of them were licensed to do such work, but it doesn't matter here. Needless to say, we took a hard pass on that house.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615482.50