03-27-2024, 07:57 PM   #33
SharpDrives
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by idopullups View Post
Just got mine last night and installed it as well. I have to admit I'm a fan of JD's content, but I'll try to be as objective and critical as possible:

my car: 2014 328xi estoril blue ext. black int.

In the box: Very well and safely packed. You do also get a T20 torx, pick tool set, plastic pry tool, sticker, and keychain. I already had all of these tools, but the install absolutely requires all of them, so a nice touch if you dont have them, and they're all pretty decent quality.

Fitment: amazing, fits and looks oem+ no problem

Charging: works flawlessly for android and iphone (tested on iphone 11 pro and samsung galaxy s8. I think it was fast charging, but apple removed the audio dings that tell you if it is, so not 100% there. It also works to charge my airpods, but you have to get them in the right spot.

Price: The price is steep, although it works and fits amazing I still think its a lot to ask $200. But again I was willing to shell that out for the oem look which this definitely fulfills.

Positives: oem look, good fitment, bigger drivers cupholder, easy install, good packaging + instructions

Negatives: Cost, lose a little bit of storage space (not really), silicon charging cover is a bit loose probably wont use it myself.

Overall worth it for me, but I wanted the oem look.

Pics [...]
Did you wrap your trim?
Appreciate 0