03-13-2014, 09:23 PM   #41
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
The way I have them specced out, the Macan S comes out just under $3k more than a M-sport X3 35i. But the extra hp, dual clutch transmission and Porsche quality are worth it. Porsche priced the Macan perfectly. I see you are in Canada so pricing might be different.

Macan is actually longer and wider than a X3. Macan does have less cargo space with the slanted roof. But similar floor space, as I never stack stuff to the roof.

Both vehicles will definitely be cross-shopped, including with the SQ5.
base bare bones macan is 50kusd. a msport 35i is 48kusd. i sat in both at the latest autoshow, and the macan feels much smaller because its so low. also, they had a macan s on display, and once you add panroof, 20" wheels, nicer interior trim, the car jumps to 70k very fast.

i love the macan, but i would quicker get a loaded bmw than a base macan. my dad is actually looking at one since he is downsizing from his cayenne s and doesn't need the space. regardless, the macan isnt even an option for the OP because they are just coming out and nowhere near his price range.
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0