08-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #33
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupy View Post
I actually kinda like the look...but it's still a photoshop and discussing its merits is rather pointless.

For the 3-series which is their top seller and for the "regular luxury car buyer", this is a good step in the right direction. I feel like Audi and MB have already made leaps ahead of BMW already and BMW's the one's playing catch-up now...at least in terms of technology.

No, that'd be Mini Cooper customers. And since when did spending $40k on a "cheap" car turn them inferior and unqualified on commenting in regards to the direction to where the brand is going?

What leaps have Audi and Merc made that BMW hasn't? BMW is not playing catch-up on technology at all...in fact, it is usually the case that MB and Audi are copying from BMW.

This article is just a bunch of BS. "A senior BMW source" could be anybody. And until the author provides the name, I'm just going to write this one off as non-sense. How the hell are they going to get power out of a three-cylinder engine when they keep making their cars fatter and fatter? I really wouldn't put any credibility into this article whatsoever.