View Single Post
      08-17-2014, 12:18 PM   #355
Ben2k9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMick View Post
while the purpose is to tell time, the real MEANING of expensive watch isn't chronometry... it's functional jewelry, it's a status symbol, and rarely even an investment... but really it's a statement that you enjoy the finer things in life. that's why a fake watch represents an attempt to bypass the hard work and discipline involved in accessing that strata where one has the means to enjoy said fine things.... when in reality they are only fooling themselves
+1

I don't have a lot of experience with fake watches. one time my friend gave me a fake Rolex, and the first time I tried to adjust the time, the crown popped out of the case and the watch was busted, so from then on I was done with fakes.

Me personally, I would respect someone more who's proud to rock a $200-300 Seiko versus someone who spent that much on a fake Rolex, omega, or Breitling..etc

You know...people should just be proud of what they are stop comparing themselves to what's around them. There's always going to be someone richer.

This may be an unpopular opinion but I'm also not a big fan of breast implants. It feels like cheating. It's like if a guy had pec, shoulder, bicep, and calf implants. I'd have no other choice but to conclude he was a superficial cheater who didn't want to earn it.
Appreciate 0