Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijones34
Some additional information: The current owner bought it 4 years ago with 123k on it. Has changed oil and filters every 5k. Water pump, hoses, and belts replaced 18 months ago. There was a small power steering pump hose leak when he got it. He is going to replace it before he sells. I may also look like a 2004 Eclipse with 103k today as well. My thoughts are that the E46 was more likely to be driven by an adult, responsible driver for most of it's life. The Eclipse crowd in this area seem to think they are super cars and drive them to death. I'll have to see the Eclipse after the BMW if we don't get it today...but I know so little about an Eclipse it makes me nervous haha.
Just be certain the suspension is in good shape if the struts, shocks, arms/bushings, have not been replaced. Check records for ATF flush in addition to all gasket replacements and other fluid flushes. She will also have to keep up on the regular oil changes in order to make it last. Good luck and skip the Eclipse as others have mentioned. Civic, Accord, Corolla, or Camry would be your alternatives.

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0