View Single Post
      07-30-2014, 10:00 PM   #22
kaijones34
PharmD E93
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E39lolz View Post
I came too late to the party - car seems to have been sold. OP, did you buy it? I had a 03 325xi for about 4 years before trading it in with 147k miles (got it as a CPO). It had little annoying quirks but still was reliable. Only major part that I changed was the fuel pump. I kept up with fluid changes, coolant parts and had it tuned up twice. M54's are reliable as I also had a e39 525i/5MT which was a pig but loved to rev the crap out of it. OP, if you did buy it and have verifiable service records, I say it's a win, depending on how the trans shifts and if (I would say probably not) it has ever had the fluid changed.
We did get it. After a detail it will be as nice of a car from 2001 as you can find. Ran well. Almost new breaks and rotors. Parrot bluetooth and an iPod/Phone adapter (I hate Apple, but she has both so win). Got him to $4300 if we let him keep the bike rack. When he found out we would take it today he gave it to us at that price with the rack, so I'll be selling that soon if anyone is interested, PM me or keep an eye out for the post.

The only things I noticed besides small cosmetic issues, there is a vibration from the rear right wheel we noticed, but with how new the rotors are and from his information, I think it is the tire or wheel. Has a full sized spare, so easy fix. Found out the driver's side fog light is out, so I may buy her one in a few weeks and replace it. I highly doubt she will ever use them though.

Time will tell if it was the right choice, but my gut tells me it will be a great first car, and with dual front airbags and 4 side airbags it should be safe.

Thanks again all!
JB4/ER CP
OSS/painted reflectors/white LED turn signals/LED fogs/SmartTop
Appreciate 0