05-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccannable View Post
I'm 5 10 140lbs. Not a lot of body fat going on(minus a tiny amount on stomach) I started an upper body work out 2 months ago and have seen some good progress. Just looking to bulk and tone up. I have defined pecks and upper abs but progress has slown down. I'm looking for most efficient workout

Currently:
All start higher 12 reps then top out for 5-8 reps then down a bit of weigjt and 8 reps

All dumbell
Flat bench 3 set
Incline x 3
Curls x 3
Tri over overhead pulls(tri show the most increase)
Decline planks x3

Takes about 30 min 2x week.

Also added some cadio. Running(which I am terrible at), cycling, and swimming.

I take eas protein shakes 17g every morn and the powder on workout days.

I just want a bigger chest. Arms and abs are ok for now. Might post pics of before and so far but my paleness hides definition
You can't pick and choose which body parts you want to make "bigger".

You need a well rounded routine otherwise you will look like an idiot with rounded shoulders from too much chest and not enough back and rear delt movements. If you want to hit the gym three times per week do three full body workouts. Since you sound like you don't know much about lifting and building the strongest version of yourself, I would usually recommend a routine like the following starting out with simply 3 sets of 10 reps for each:

1)
Chest: incline bench
back: seated row
shoulder: lateral raises
legs: hack squat
tri: dips
bi: dumbbell curls
abs/cardio

2)
Chest: flat bench
back: lat pull down
shoulder: high rows
legs: leg press
tri: skull crushers
bi: preacher curls
abs/cardio

3)
Chest: flat bench flies
back: bent over rows
shoulder: DB overhead press
legs: hamstring curls
tri: rope pushdowns
bi: hammer curls
abs/cardio

Hope this helps.

By the way, the order in which I chose the exercises was done on purpose because many exercises overlap. The way I chose will allow for resting of those muscles while still stimulating a certain muscle group.
Appreciate 0