05-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #59
CaliBear1
Go Bears!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB E93 335is

Garage List
2013 E93 335is  [10.00]
A Timely Thread for a Prospective Buyer of a 2013 E93.

Hi Everybody!

First, I have finally joined this forum after "lurking" for years. What a great forum! Thank you all for the great contributions and drool-worthy photos!

This thread is indeed a timely one for me. My 2007 E92 335i needs new brakes, new tires, a new battery, etc. I am on the verge of trading it in and getting a new E93. BMW Corporate and the dealerships are really trying to move the E92 and E93 inventory to clear the deck for their successors. This is making for some great deals! My target vehicle is a loaded E93 335i (Le Mans Blue, Oyster/Black, Black Anthracite, M Sport, 19" Star Spoke wheels, all options/packages) at $500 over invoice plus the $2250 corporate incentive. I love this body style and have enjoyed the vert every time the dealership had one available as a loaner.

So, my only concern is that I will regret the purchase when the new platform debuts. But, I think the E92 and E93 body styles are beautiful and the N55 engine an engineering marvel.

But, I really dislike the "uni-brow" look of the lights merging with the kidney grills on the F30. Am I alone in this reaction? BMW should call it the Anthony Davis Edition (that reference will only make fans of American basketball chuckle). I would imagine the new coupe and vert will incorporate this style. That may be a small consideration for some, but it might be the deciding factor in my decision...along with the $7k discount!

Thoughts?

1) On pulling the trigger on the last of the E93 Mohicans, and

2) The particular combination I'm looking at.

Final comment in this rambling first post. I agree with those who still look lovingly at the E46. I had a beautiful 2000 540i 6MT. It was my last stick and it was unbelievably fun to drive! That is my favorite body style for the 5 series. It still works! Unfortunately that steed met with a tragic end. It was out of warranty and suffered some serious engine problems. I willingly forked over the $5000 to bring her back to life. Less than 5 minutes out of the shop I was rear-ended at high speed and the insurance company pronounced her DOA. In the blink of an eye I lost $5k and a beautiful car. Arrrghhh.

Cheers,

Bill
Appreciate 0