View Single Post
      11-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #188
dotnetmaster
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubble bubble View Post
BMW USA has issued a recall. BMW USA has extended the fuel pump warranty to 6 years, 120k miles. BMW Canada has done neither. Transport Canada has ZERO safety complaints about the BMW HPFP.

If you are in Canada and drive a 335, 135 or 535, please do the following:
1 - Take 5 minutes and fill out the "Online Public Defects Form" - third link on the attached page. http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/s...s-index-76.htm
2 - Call BMW Canada at 1-800-567-2691, press 1 for English, 0 for a live person. Register a complaint that BMW Canada has not extended the warranty or issue the recall like BMW USA has on the exact same car/issue.
3 - Forward this information to any other BMW owners with the same "35" engine and ask them to follow up, especially if they have had a fuel pump failure.

You'll need your VIN for the Transport Canada complaint form.

Only if we, Canadian BMW Owners, accumulate a critical mass of complaints will BMW Canada give us the same warranty and recall that BMW USA does.
After talking to my Canadian BMW dealer (Brian Jessel BMW in Vancouver) and confirming that BMW Canada hasn't issued a similar voluntary recall, I just filled out the compliant form on Transport Canada web site and will be contacting BMW Canada soon.
Appreciate 0