02-16-2014, 11:48 PM   #16
Chad20
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328i sapphire black stock;/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabimmer View Post
Chad, the handling on the e60 with sport was amazing my e90 doesnt have sport. So I can't compare. This post has made me miss my e60. Chances are at 150k mile the coolant leak has been done. Have a trusted indy check the tranny as that was mine major problem. Diy on those are rather simple. Check out The e60 forums might have to google that. They will give you the lastest on ownership. You can go wrong with either.
Ya I've honestly wanted an e60 even before I bought my e90 but I thought let's test the waters and see if I can even afford the maintenance on this car at all . As much as I complain about maintenance on the car it's worth it and I'm sure most of the members on this forum can agree. I'm hoping after my income tax return I might be able to find a reasonable 06 530i or 545i I'm shooting for the 06 530i better reliability ,better gas mileage, and cheaper on insurance . But more expensive buying price . For some reason the 04-05 530i seemed somewhat slow to me but even my 07 328i seems slow to me unless I'm constantly running in DS mode. Is the maintenance on the 545i astonomically high ? I've seen members before reporting 20000$ repairs then again I don't go to the stealership I have a decent Indy who I make sure doesn't rip me a new one .
Appreciate 0