Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction View Post
C&D, Dec '13

Alterman: "I... came away thinking that the BMW 5-series is now like a Toyota"

535i xDrive finishes 4th in a 4-car comparison. "...seems to have lost touch with what once made us go gaga for the model." Negatives: "Clomping ride, ponderous handling, wooden steering." Sad.

On the CTS 3.6: "The best BMW that BMW doesn't build."
That pretty much sums up the current situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
In 2002 you were 11 years younger. With every new generation of models, a portion of owners of previous models "ages out" because they're unwilling to accept change and progress. They're replaced by a mostly younger demographic who are open to advancements. No company is going to gear their future to a dying market share, because they wouldn't be around long. You can wail about the good old days as much as you want, but increasingly fewer people are listening. Thus it always has been, and will be.
That statement sounds like an adult trying to understand a younger generation. The same type of person that thinks technology is the only thing that attracts us. I promise you I am younger than you are, and I agree with Obioban's statement.

Quite frankly BMW is in for a rude awakening in about 10-15 years. They have completely lost my age group. I have only met one other person my age that like BMW's. Everyone else loves Audi. Its quite obvious to me that what BMW is doing currently IS NOT attracting a younger generation.

Last edited by bimmerjph; 11-02-2013 at 11:28 PM..
Appreciate 0