View Single Post
      08-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #82
hanszilla
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 F80

People are so defensive these days.

Aren't cars about fun and games ? I mean if you want to be efficient and spend your money wisely you would buy a camry for a DD and not w/e cars you drive (unless you do drive a camry).

My brother in law bought a GT3 RS a few years ago and now he owns the 991 turbo, I believe he paid just south of 200k for the turbo. He is a Porsche nut and will not consider any other sports car. I drove it and yes it's a great car, but I wouldn't spend that money on it. I still respect the car. Just like how I respect the Corvette for being an awesome car (to drive).

For me personally at the end of a track day, it doesn't matter how fast I went or whether or not I finished with the best time. It's whether or not I can grin at the end of the day.

Comparing one's preference (efficiency vs aesthetics) is like having Scarlett Johansson approach you begging you to have a child with her, half of you will say yes and the other half will say no; either way everyone has their preference and will defend their choice (maybe a bad analogy but, hey I'm bored at work).

Forevermore haunted by 2 bear pillows in the car.

Last edited by hanszilla; 08-06-2014 at 04:44 PM..
Appreciate 0