View Single Post
      03-20-2024, 04:05 PM   #251
Neusser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G31 540i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisBoston View Post
More false info (about sole owners etc). EVs become more environmentally friendly vs ICE the more miles are put on them. But everyone is right that full LCA (life cycle analysis) is the way to compare: the total emissions for all components of the vehicle for its its entire lifecycle. That includes mining, manufacturing, drilling and refining of oil and minerals, paint, to the crusher - every single component from cradle to grave.

One thing many will miss is that emissions from burning gas goes into the atmosphere, and stays there. EV batteries store the energy, and the minerals in the batteries can be recycled. The CO2 stays in the atmosphere for centuries. But but, ‘power production cause emissions,’ you retort? Maybe in some cases, but it can and is being made less fossil fuel centric. Once you buy an ICE, its future CO2 emissions are locked until the car is scrapped. Any power plant Co2 emissions for EV power will get greener over time. It’s going to happen quickly too. And ICE car sold today will be burning gas and emitting CO2 for 10-25 years.

There are much smarter people than anyone posting on Bimmerpost (well mostly) who have studied this and truly understand the LCA of EVs vs ICE. As of now, EVs are better after x number of miles driven, even after accounting for battery production. That will only get better as technology improves (and it will as people buy EVs)

All the nonsense about “tires!” serves to further distract and detract, giving a certain set of naysayers a talking point that will be promulgated by the “I do my own research” crowd. Fact is tire technology is also improving, and along with lighter batteries and lower EV weights, can be overcome.

What cannot be overcome is climate change caused by fossil fuel burning. We have to decarbonize or we will suffer the consequences.
This guy buys into all the WEF/globohomo propaganda.

It is quite a sight to behold.
Appreciate 3
MKParris908.00
NGT25691.00
Holset275.50