View Single Post
      11-21-2023, 12:20 PM   #22
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
I don't know where you are coming up with these numbers. My car was close to invoice and I got the buy rate on the MF. It's just math. I am definitely a fool based on your criteria and I have no desire to stop being foolish. What is actually foolish is to fail to take into account an individual's priorities and income/wealth. I don't begrudge someone buying a $52 million yacht and then paying salaries to staff and to supply it if they are at that wealth level. I can't afford that but it doesn't make that person foolish, a priori.
General rule of thumb for leasing is that if you roll in all taxes and fees and pay $0 up front, your lease payment should not be more than 1% of the MSRP. Anything over that and you're getting hosed. You can buy whatever you want but that doesn't mean it's a good decision when there are better options out there for the money. You do you though, I just can't imagine forking over $60k to drive an X6M or a Lucid for 3 years. I mean you could buy a Ghost/Wraith and drive it every day and lose less than $60k in 3 years lol. I paid less than that for my Panamera Turbo S which was $223k new, downside is maybe $15-20k max over 3 years?
Appreciate 1
xander_g1018.00