View Single Post
      04-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #15
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Poor handling...blah blah blah. BMW is a car company. They exist to make money. You have to evolve or die. Its as simple as that. Our opinions only matter when its aligned with their financial objectives. Do I wish they passed along an M135i, CSL, or Z4M before these things? HELL YES. Am I going to cry about it? No. Hopefully they learned their lesson since the global economy is in the tank.

A GT-R is nipping at 4,000lb and it will outhandle almost ANYTHING. I'm going to wait and see some solid numbers. Why cry now? BMW is known for doing great things with very heavy cars. Its been that way for a while. The E46 isnt exactly light. In fact, there hasnt been recent ''light'' //M cars. There is a market out there of older rich people that want something fast, loud, big, and obnoxious. They want it to handle well too. Maybe, just maybe they dont want it to be a Porsche, Audi, or Merc.

The Quandt family has controlled BMW for how many decades now? This would not have went under their radar. They sit on the boards. Their friends sit on the boards. They have the majority stake. This company remains tightly controlled. They would not do anything to destroy the brand of their company. BMW is and will remain a highly regarded company. The Cayenne did absolutely nothing to ruin the Porsche name.