footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgame64 View Post
///M is for marketing just like AMG.

AWD, no racing history, ridiculous weight, being an SUV, AT, turbo'd engine not specifically built for the car, and nearly identical body/suspension to the X6/X5 make this car a failure in my eyes. If they called it the X6 XDrive6.0iS I would not have cared, but this ruins ///M in my book. The X6 M looks like an X6 with an OK body kit and ///M badges plastered everywhere.

Oh well, I'll go cry in my corner.
AWD has no racing history. Maybe not with BMW but there is numerous other supplier that have long histories with AWD and in fact on many occasions AWD has been banned in some forms of motorsport for giving an unfair advantage .

I will agree that the X5/6M is not true M cars but if the market is crying out for these cars then BMW as an manufacturer will jump at the opportunity of added sales, after all their are making cars to make a profit and not to listen to annoyed existing customers who think it's wrong.

As for the introduction of FI, well I reckon everyone with doubt in their mind should sample the RS6 because it's a model engine at producing power on demand and does not feel like a turbo unit at all, such well balanced is it's power and torque delivery. I imagine that BMW's M-Division have at least matched what Audi have done so see no problems what so ever with future M cars running FI engines.

If you can't except the changes then it's you that has the problem and are a dinosaur in a modern world.
Appreciate 0