View Single Post
      02-17-2010, 11:46 PM   #35
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCSUk153 View Post
AMG is nice but like you say can't handle and maintenance costs an arm and a leg. I had 3 MB and all were lemons and maintenance was just nuts.
The new TT M3 is also a consideration but it will have to go up against a Porsche and that is one hard decision. These two cars will have to be a little down the road as I have a teenager that needs to go to university in a couple of years. In the meantime the 550i or possibly a M5 may be in the future. I would probably wait for the second year of production as the first year is not as reliable especially with all the new FI engines that BMW is going to put out.

I've been around plenty of Mercs. It's pretty much all my family ever had growing up. (Mainly S-Class and ML's.) We didn't really have much of an issue with them. This was in the 80's btw...and their quality has gone downhill, (Chrysler merger anyone?).....

I was the first one in the family with the bimmer, and it's caught on pretty well....though my Uncle has an S550. (lol @ $150+ oil changes).

We'll have to see about this new TT M3 when it comes out. I agree, I never buy a first year model. Porsche would be nice as well. Hope to own a GT3 some day.